Eczema causes skin inflammation in several parts of the body. In the case of a child, the problem of eczema is pathetic and unbearable. The skin becomes dry, bumpy and flaky. The child feels like scratching the skin all the time. Continuous rubbing and scratching of irritated skin areas further worsen the problem. Even babies cannot escape from this skin issue. They feel the pain but cannot express it. All they can do is scream and cry.
Common triggers of Eczema
The parents must look for flare-ups that intensify eczema. Fragrant skin products like shampoo, lotions, creams, and soaps trigger eczema at once and it is better to avoid them.
The skin of babies and young kids is extremely sensitive and may get rashes very soon. Therefore, the clothing and bed linen of children must be skin-friendly. The inferior quality of the material will immediately irritate the skin.
Woolens may also cause redness and itchiness. The parents must take care of this aspect too.
Another major factor is change in weather. The change of season is a significant factor when the patient may suffer most from the skin issue.
In addition, the consumption of some unsuitable foods like nuts, eggs, and spicy foods may trigger eczema among kids. However, the effect and intensity of the problem may vary from one person to another.
Another peculiar reason is the presence of pets around the affected person. Sometimes, pets and their hair also intensify this skin issue.
It would be a good idea to observe and note down the trigger factors. In case, anything flares up eczema then it must be kept away from the patient.
Preventive measures to heal Eczema
Prevention is the first step to control eczema and heal the affected person.
1. The parents must maintain a clean and dust-free atmosphere surrounding the afflicted child otherwise, it may intensify the eczema problem. The presence of dirt and dust has a negative effect on eczema patients.
2. To control skin inflammation and itching, the parents must keep the child clean. A daily bath with a mild and scent-free soap is ideal for the child. The towel of the child must be of good fabric. It should be kept clean with the help of a mild detergent.
3. Keeping the skin hydrated is equally important as it controls the itchy feeling. Therefore, the use of a medicated moisturizer is mandatory for eczema patients.
4. Mother Nature has many gifts that provide solutions to various illnesses and diseases including eczema. Utilize home remedies for Eczema. Coconut oil is an easily available and effective remedy to heal itchiness due to the Eczema problem.
5. The extract of the blueberry leaf also helps to relieve inflammation and swelling arising due to this skin issue.
Moreover, there are various solutions available in the market. The concerned parent can take the advice of the doctor before choosing the solution. However, medicated products, drugs and treatments may provide relief but with side effects and at a high cost.
On the other hand, homemade solutions available require less effort and money. Such natural remedies can be extremely useful for afflicted child. Therefore, take advantage of the free gifts from nature and provide relief to the child from eczema.